2021 Health Educators' Institute Poster Presentations
1. An Exploration of Coping with the Chronic Pain Condition, Interstitial Cystitis
Laura Santurri, Ph.D., MPH, CPH, Elizabeth S. Moore, Ph.D., and Nicolette Schlup
2. Healthy Northeast Ohio - Regional Community Health Data Platform
Libby McGraw, M.P.H., C.H.E.S, and Sarah Szabo, M.S.S.A., L.S.W.
3. Perceived Barriers to Optimal Health Among Arabic Speakers in Southeast Michigan
Zena Hamdan, Ph.D., M.S., Beanna Martinez, M.S., Kamaria Glover, B.S., Mounika Polavarapu, Ph.D., M.P.H., Timothy Jordan, Ph.D., M.Ed.
4. Understanding and Addressing the HIV Disparities among Black/African American Men Who Have Sex With Men (MSM) in the U.S.
Samuel Adabla, M.P.A.
5. Tobacco Use in Sexual and Gender Minority Youth: An Innovative Approach to Tobacco Use Disparity
Stella I. Sheke, M.P.H.
1. Evaluating Health Barriers Using the Theory of Planned Behavior
Dr. Paul Branscum, PhD; Miami University
2. Combating Structural Racism in Public Health and Communities
Dr. Amy Thompson, PhD, CHES, FESG; The University of Toledo
3. Building Resiliency: Refilling Your Cup
Margie Carrington & Julie Sespico; The Center for Family Safety & Healing
4. Cultural Humility Begins With ME
Dr. Dawn Thomas, PhD; Ohio Department of Mental Health & Addiction Services