Job Snapshot Location :
244 Dayton St
Hamilton, OH 45011 (Map it! )
Base Pay :
$10.00 - $12.00 /Hour
Employee Type :
Not for Profit - Charitable
Healthcare - Health Services
Job Type :
Nonprofit - Social Services
4 Year Degree
3 to 5 years
The Community Educator will be responsible for the organization, delivery and quality of YWCA Hamilton's Teen Pregnancy Prevention Program with the goal to decrease the incidences sexually transmitted infections and unintended pregnancies in young women 16-19 years old throughout Butler, Hamilton, Montgomery and Warren Counties. The Community Educator needs to be able to work independently under general direction and is expected to determine how to accomplish tasks.
- Participates in Focus Program training and professional development.
- Implements the Focus Program with fidelity in targeted schools and community based organizations.
- Identifies challenges and barriers in program implementation and makes recommendations about how to address them.
- Delivers additional educational sessions to community organizations in a variety of settings.
- Participates in the planning and implementation of an annual city-wide conference.
- Conducts targeted outreach to engage young people in one-on-one conversations while providing safer sex and educational materials.
- Completes necessary reports and forms, and collects data as needed.
- Identifies community resources or services for participants as needed.
- Attends monthly staff and program meetings.
- Participates in other pregnancy prevention deliverables as needed.
- Participates in special Teen Pregnancy Prevention events.
College student or higher with emphasis in Nursing, Social Work, Education or related health discipline desired.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Demonstrated ability to organize, develop, implement and evaluate health education programs.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Familiarity with group dynamics and classroom management.
- Respect for the rights of individuals to make their own decisions about health care.
- Ability to communication easily and display a nonjudgmental manner toward individuals from a variety of socio-economic, cultural and religious backgrounds.
- Understands the importance of confidentiality.
- Proven experience with program presentations and public speaking.
- Experience working on social marketing campaigns.
In order to apply, please submit a cover letter and resume to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] No phone calls please.